Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wedding Tip Wednesday...Guest Book Ideas

   I've had guestbooks on my mind recently.  On my last trip home, for the first time I saw my mom and dads guestbook.  I've looked a thousand times at their wedding album, but not the guestbook.  It was actually quite ugly and just sits in a box in storage.  I'm not one for storing sentimental stuff, but if you are like me and dont want your guestbook to be a dust collector but something that can be displayed here are a few ideas. 
 There have been so many different great ideas for wedding guestbooks recently. Creating uniquely original and personalized have been common themes for guestbooks - ranging from guests fingerprints, handwritten handnotes with helpful advice to birthday calendars. My favorite so far...Okay I really can't choose a favorite, they are all so cute.  It all comes down to personality.  Anyways, there are a lot of ideas out there which you can choose so that it can coordinate with your colors, decor and style. 


1. Poloraid- this is a great way to capture everyone at your wedding without the photo booth drama.  Just like your wedding photo album is looked at a lot more then your guestbook why not make your guestbook a photo album.



2. Power Prints- this is a variation of the wedding balloon guest book that is below, but it is super adorable. Little couple finger prints or Family prints. Cartooning encouraged. 

3. Sign a ....chair or Bench? Have guests sign something that you'll use: a bench, a chair, a bookcase. Make your guest 'book' a permanent part of your home.  





5. Get Puzzled- This idea can be pretty pricey but I love it anyway. Have an engagement picture made into a puzzle and then have guests sign the puzzle pieces. I think this would be cool to put in a double sided frame...Picture on one side signatures on the other!!!

6. It's a date!- If you are like me and never remember birthdays then this is the guest book for you. Have guests sign a calendar on their birthday. Just think how impressed your guests will be when you never forget again.  

7. If I could save time in a capsule- A time capsule wedding guest book. I love this idea!! Wait five years? Such a cute idea...Makes for a special anniversary. 

8. Poster it!- Have guests sign a big poster board. I like this because you can tie in a favorite, quote, saying, lyric plus lots of space to write lots of sweet nothings. Plus you can have multiple signs that can be hung later throughout your home!! Love it!

9.  Fingerprints. I love how wedding balloons and a tree along with your guests' fingerprints can serve as your wedding guest book. The wedding balloon guest book is a creative take on the fingerprint tree books that have become so popular. 




So instead of doing what your parents or your grandparents did...Spice things up with something unique and fun.  Like I said it's all about DISPLAYING!!  Happy Planning

No comments: